City of Angels Community Rules and Guidelines
Hello and Welcome to the City of Angels Community!
Here we will discuss our various rules, regulations and guidelines for our servers!
First and foremost -
FiveM is a social game, where every interaction you make affects the world, and players around
you. As a heavy roleplay server, the requirements of each player to stay as true to their character
is increased tenfold. As such you can be ensured immersion, where your story helps develop
your character as well as those you interact with.
Make use of the entire map with jobs and activities supported throughout. We don't restrict you to
one area of the map.
Tips and Tricks to having a fun and rewarding roleplay experience! -
Roleplay is essentially improve!
● You will come across many different characters and scenarios where you will need to
think on your feet!
● Say yes! First things first, Saying Yes does not mean to never tell a user "no." You need
to be able to say no to a user. Instead, Saying Yes means acknowledging what the other
person is trying to communicate to you. You may tell them "no," or "not now," or move
your product in another direction, but our replies need to show off that we understood
their sentiment, frustration, or specific need.
● There are no mistakes! Whatever you do / or say should be in character at all times.
We’re here to create and move stories forward. Which leads us to this next part.
● Tell a story! Storytelling is probably the easiest rule to remember but the hardest one to
do. The real magic of roleplay is when we see the players take totally random scenarios
and somehow "make it work". If all these unrelated elements are going to come together
then it's going to happen in the course of an interesting tale. So that's just what the
players are going to try and do, tell us all a story .
● Roleplay is not about winning or losing. You may root for your character to win in a
situation but it won’t always turn out that way. Roleplay is about both give and take.
Sometimes you win, a lot of the times you lose, such is life. You should focus on making
sure not only you are having fun, but any and all other parties involved. It should be at the
back of your head that this is another real person you’re interacting with.
● Never interrupt! If something is going on and you see that all parties are really engaged in
the RP don’t forcefully interject yourself if your character would not normally do so
Below are all of our rules!
You will be expected to follow all of these rules, otherwise you will be subject to punishment:
1. Community Respect
This is the first and most important rule, as most (if not all) other rules fall under this one. You should
be respectful to other players and administrators. You should always keep in mind that whatever you
do in-game, it should not infringe on others' capacity to enjoy the game.
● Use Racist/Homophobic/Derogatory/Overly Sexual remarks in, or out, of character.
● Repeatedly send someone angry or offensive out-of-character messages because of
an in-character subject or event.
● Deliberately argue with an administrator because you disagree with an administrative
Killing another player's character for little or no in-character reason is strictly forbidden. Deliberately
attempting to incite a fight with little to no reason is likewise not allowed.
● Stroll up to another player and start insulting them in-character with the sole intention
of escalating the situation to a fight.
● Shoot or punch a random player to death with no justifiable in-character reason.
● Use a vehicle to plow through a group of people with no justifiable in-character reason.
3. Revenge Killing
You are not allowed to seek out and/or kill anyone involved with your character's death. When you are
killed, your character loses all memory leading up to and including their death unless they were
rescued by paramedics. This may involve no longer knowing or recognizing your killer(s) after dying.
You must also do your absolute best to avoid the player(s) who killed you for at least 2 hours, and
definitely not kill them, provoke them, or otherwise engage them in any role play situation.
● Track down the individual(s) responsible for your character's death (you lost memory
of the situation).
● Utilize your gang affiliation or motives as a means to enact revenge on your killer(s).
● Have one of your friends or associates track down your killer(s) and take revenge on
No more than 3 people are to rob an store or kidnap a player. No more than 5 (including the hostage) are allowed to conduct a bank
robbery or heist. Gangs / Groups while committing crimes are
to be down-scaled due to limited server slots, and balancing between criminals, civilians, cops and
EMS. This includes families, or groups of friends that can roam around at one time. This in place to
not overwhelm any other members of the community whether that be Police / EMS / Civilian /
Criminal. Gatherings / Parties are permitted but must announced and are not to be use for criminal
activities, such as kidnappings and robberies. Only for recreational RP purposes. You are not to rob another store within an hour once a
store robbery is completed.
Other forms of powergaming include acting in ways that are physically impossible for your character,
roleplaying retroactively. Players cannot solely use the in game mechanics to steal another player's
vehicle whilst said vehicle is occupied. The situation must be role-played out between both parties.
● Roleplay that you purchased a bomb from an NPC organization, and then use the
“bomb” to destroy something.
● Use an NPC to call 911 if your character is incapable of doing so (location does not
● Punch somebody in-character and then inform them through that they would be
● Roleplay actions or instructions that you claim to have received from a NPC (kill, hurt
or shoot someone, etc.)
● Roleplay having a weapon on you that you do not actually have script-wise.
● Role play that you hid an item / weapon somewhere when it is on your character (if it
is on you, it is on you.)
● Search a vehicle inventory and role play seeing a weapon / item without role playing
the search and location of the weapon / item.
● Throw a party for the sake of robbing or kidnapping or killing
● Kidnap Cops / EMS due to the vital role they play in everyone's rp, keeping the city flowing smoothly.
Communicating information that your character does not know to others, sharing information via /me
or /do that other characters would not feasibly be able to see or otherwise interpret, sharing
out-of-character information through an in-character medium, or taking in-character action based on
information gained from an out-of-character source are all classified as metagaming. Only authorized
legal organizations are permitted to use TeamSpeak for in-character communication.
● Use out-of-character communication (in any form) to summon a friend to help you
elude the police or an attacker.
● Using emoticons, unnecessary apostrophes, or the erroneous pseudo-punctuation “-..”
and its derivatives in in-character chats.
● Give special attention to a organization leader in an attempt to join their organization,
unless you know of their status in-character.
● Use ANY out-of-character communications (TeamSpeak, Skype, Discord, etc.) to
communicate in-character information to associates, friends or colleagues.
● Use emoticons or "smileys" in in-character chats.
● Use internet slang ("lol", "wtf", "lmfao", etc.) in in-character chats.
6. Offensive Roleplay
You are not permitted to roleplay sexual acts, detailed acts of torture or dismemberment,
cannibalism, or other extremely morbid activities without the express out-of-character consent
of all participants. If you do end up getting permission, that permission can be withdrawn at any
time. The roleplay must take place in private, far away from where any individuals who have not
given their consent for this type of roleplay might innocently enter.
● Perform offensive roleplay without first obtaining the consent of all parties involved.
● Continue offensive roleplay after a consenting party has withdrawn their consent.
● Perform any sexual roleplay or roleplay containing sexual innuendos in a public place.
7. Acknowledging Out of Character Chat
Players have the right to ignore other players' out-of-character discussions if they wish, unless it is to
ask why they were killed. However, players are not permitted to ignore administrators’ communication
● Engage in out-of-character communications with a administrator or administrators.
● Avoid answering a player who asks you why you killed them.
● Spam someone in order to avoid roleplaying with them simply because it doesn't fit
your character's agenda.
8. Committing Crimes in Unrealistic Areas
Committing any type of obvious crime in a conspicuous area (such as a bank, police station, hospital
or any other obviously populated area) is forbidden. The following areas are considered unrealistic
areas to commit a crime : Police / Sheriff stations, Fire Departments, Hospitals, Non-Robable banks
Clothing stores, LS Customs, and Los Santos International Airport..
If someone has already committed a crime and the roleplay is taken to such an area, it may be
● Rob somebody standing in front of the bank, police station or hospital.
● Attempt to kidnap somebody in front or inside of a heavily populated area.
9. Administrator Instructions/Rulings
Administrator instructions or rulings are final and nonnegotiable. If an administrator’s ruling seems to
have been made in error, the dispute should be handled outside of the game via a staff complaint on
10. Unacceptable Character Names
A player name must be unique and realistic. You may not use the name of a famous person in real life
or from history, nor may you use the name of an easily recognizable or already existing character
from any form of fiction.
● Create a character named "Justin Bieber" because you want to roleplay a superstar.
● Use a name like "RabbitKiller44".
11. Exploiting Bugs
You are not permitted to exploit bugs for personal gain. You are required to report a bug if you find
● Abuse a bug that allows you to, essentially, spawn in money or gain any type of
advantage that wasn't meant to be.
12. Interactions between your Characters
Your personal characters cannot know each other from an in-character perspective. You are also not
allowed to interact between the two characters – for example, transferring money or other assets
between them (character to character or through a friend) – without prior administrator permission, or
whatever is transferred will be deleted. If you want any items transferred, please post a request in our
● Log in to both of your characters on two different computers and transfer a vehicle,
house, apartment or ANY asset.
13. Scamming and Robbery/Kidnapping
You cannot rob more than $15,000 from a
player. You cannot rob/ kidnap the same player within an hour if you or your gang have robbed/ kidnapped them. In the instance that you
are robbing a player, you cannot kill that player unless they outright
refuse to comply, provide resistance, or provoke you to inflict harm.
ot kidnap a officer unless the officer gives you a justifiable reason for them to be kidnapped.
14. Account Access
Your account is yours and yours alone. You are responsible if your account is used by another
person, and by doing so, you link your identities in our records and may end up getting yourself
banned for the other person’s actions as a result. You are likewise responsible if a friend or sibling
logs on your computer and somehow gets you banned or otherwise punished. Additionally, you are
not allowed to sell, transfer, lend, or share an account with anyone else for any reason, for any
amount of time.
● Let anyone else other than yourself use your in-game / UCP account or forum account.
15. Circumventing a Ban
While you are banned from the game server, the Teamspeak server, the forums, etc., you are not
allowed to register another account or use an alternate account until the ban period has expired.
Otherwise, your other account may also be banned and your original ban extended.
● Utilize a different account to access the platform(s) which you are banned from.
● Change your IP to circumvent a ban to any platform.
16. Suicide/Logging to avoid Roleplay
You are not allowed to kill your character, log off or forcibly re-spawn to avoid situations. If you have
to log off but you are in the middle of a roleplay situation, you will need to get permission from all
parties involved before doing so. If you commit a crime, you must wait twenty minutes prior to logging
17. Selling IC items OOC
You cannot make out-of-character deals for in-character items. You cannot sell in-character items for
out-of-character items. You cannot give away items for out-of-character reasons. This includes the
attempted sale/solicitation of selling items.
● Trade ANY in-character assets for any type of out-of-character item(s).
18. Abuse of Reports or Help
You are not allowed to use reports or help resources for anything other than server-related concerns
● Make (spam) continuous and recurring reports through /helpme or /report.
● Ask non-relative questions in /helpme or /report.
19. Exploiting Scripts & GTA V Mechanics
Knowingly exploiting the script and/or the GTA V engine in order to gain an advantage is not
allowed. This includes abusing the physics of GTA V in order to do unrealistic things.
● Wheelie towards an object to fling your vehicle into the air.
● Use GTA V mechanics to drive your vehicle straight up a cliff where it would be
● Chain rob stores within an hour of your last robbery.
20. Unacceptable Roleplay
Roleplaying as terrorists, separatists, intelligence agency members, private military, federal or foreign
government employees, or similar avenues of roleplay (individually or in organizations) that would
require entities such as the state or federal government to intercede are explicitly forbidden, since
those entities are not generally present in the server.
● Declare a portion of the map an independent country, prompting an unending conflict
● Create an elite clandestine spy organization.
● Roleplay as a federal agent and demand recognition by local police
21. Failure to Roleplay / Unrealistic Roleplay
Failing to roleplay is strictly forbidden. City of Angels is a roleplay server; you're expected to be
roleplaying at all times. If a situation presents itself where rules are broken, roleplay first, report
later. Abusing in game physics or mechanics to gain an edge over another player will result in
punishment. Once a kidnap situation has been initiated then the kidnappers must make contact
with the police department and initiate a full roleplay scenario.
● Continuously talk in out-of-character chat while another player is trying to roleplay with
● Roll your vehicle in a pursuit and then use in game mechanics to flip it on its roof and
● Stop roleplaying and complain in OOC chat because a rule was broken during the
● Failure to complete roleplay during the death screen, accepting death prior to
completion of the roleplay scenario.
● Attempt to take Hostages with 3 or less cops on duty
22. New life rule
If you’re in a roleplay scenario where you go into a coma and/or have to be “life flighted”(Respawn at
hospital) out, at that point since you’ve gone into a coma, your character will forget any and all
memories from the past 20 minutes of your RP. That includes the entire scenario of who and why you
were killed. This also applies to anyone who has killed a player in an RP scenario. Once they have
been “life flighted” to a hospital you are to not provoke or attempt to harm that character again for at
least 2-3 hours. If you are picked up by EMS on scene our NLR does not apply, but to try and keep RP
civil, it is recommended to avoid violence as best at possible. True deaths of characters are to be
mutually agreed on prior to the roleplay scenarios, in an out of game manner.
● Go back to the scene or scenario you have just been lifted from
● Provoke / Harm / Kill the same character you’ve just attempted to kill
● Attempt to kill off another player's character without their consent prior to
23. Lying to a Staff Member
Do not lie to a staff member about anything related to LAPD, EMS, or members of the server. This includes in-game matters, the
forum, Discord, TeamSpeak, or any other entity relating to CoA.
● Lie in a report or ticket regarding your vehicle, assets, weapons, ammo, drugs, or any
other item that you can obtain in game
● Attempt to mislead a staff member by creating a fallacy simply to gain an advantage or
abuse OOC mediums such as vehicle teleports or asset refunds.
● Falsify videos, screenshots, recordings or other pieces of evidence in refund requests,
player complaints, staff complaints, or any other OOC reporting method.
24. Inappropriate Clothing Combinations
Do not use inappropriate/un-realistic clothing combinations whilst using the freemode skins. Any
clothing combinations that fall under this rule will be removed.
25. AFKing/Paycheck Farming
● Do not AFK on the server for any longer than 10 minutes.
26. Role Playing a Character Under the Age of 16
● Do not roleplay a character under the age of 16 years old.
27. Illegal Vehicles
Unless allowed by staff for a certain rp, civilians cannot not use the following vehicles.
All planes/ All Helicopters/ All military vehicles/ Cars with mounted guns / Armored vehicles are prohibited.
28. Cop / EMS baiting
This also ties in with the next rule very much so. Do not interrupt an ongoing roleplay scenario,
especially when it comes to police / paramedics. You would not follow, or purposely get police to come
arrest you purely for the sake of your curiosity or a certain roleplay you want to experience. You would
purposely injure yourself just to have paramedics come and help you. With our value of life rule, you
must understand that consequences that come with attempting to be involved with the police / ems
● Do not call police for any scenario where you would not need the police
● Do not call paramedics for something minor. EX: headaches / tummy aches
● Do not call the police / ems and bait them into a scenario where you or any other
characters end up rob / kidnap / killing them for the sake of robbing / kidnapping /killing.
29. Value of life rule ( Lenient on public but is still to be followed / Extremely strict on whitelist )
The Value of life is a value used to quantify the benefit of avoiding a fatality. Regardless of your role
within the community (police officer, civilian, hardened criminal, etc) the value of your own and other
individual’s lives applies. This rule is implemented to ensure that there is a “realistic environment” for
all citizens and consequences for those that don’t wish to participate in said environment. Although all
characters may differ to certain degrees, individuals must accept that in real-life even the most
hardened of criminals don’t consistently kidnap folk or hold them at gunpoint (shoot) on an hourly/daily
basis. As well, civilians don’t casually drive 110 MPH through highly populated areas - nor do they
instigate situations which could potentially lead to dangerous scenarios.
These are simply a few of many examples, Valuing your life is being able to recognize a situation and
translate as to whether or not that situation is something that you (your character) would actually be
partaking in, and whether your character would actually be willing to suffer the consequences of the
actions that they make. This doesn’t only apply to your character, but to how your character values the
lives of others as well (repercussions of shooting someone deters the value of your own life). Consider
this when making drastic decisions or being under the assumption that you’re invincible.
(Places where crime cannot take place)
Banks (unless being robbed)
~Committing crime in these areas can potentially result in a kick/ban from the server~
Rules, their caveats, punishment times or other related factors are
subject to change at any time. New rules, additions or modifications to current rules may
be a result of abnormal situations.